We are currently seeking a passionate and talented Chef/Cook to support our head Chef and catering team at our Grantham Green (St Albans) facility.
The position is part time working Saturday and Sunday each week, as well as every second Monday.
The Second Cook reports directly to the Chef and is responsible for the provision of high quality, nutritious and appropriate meal services to all residents and customers whilst maintaining excellence in food service standards, compliance with all relevant regulations and accreditation standards, and ensuring a high level of client satisfaction.
The Second Cook is also responsible for the supervision of the Food Services Assistants over the weekend and ensuring the kitchen runs smoothly providing a quality food and beverage service to residents and customers.
To be successful, you will have;
- Appropriate Chef or Trade Cook qualifications in commercial cookery or equivalent
- Current Food Handling/Food Safety Certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Food Safety regulations, guidelines, standards and relevant legislation
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently within specific guidelines
- Commitment to the provision of high quality, nutritious and appetising food and beverages, demonstrating a strong sense of pride and accomplishment in service delivery
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to motivate and engage staff
- Professional attitude and appearance with a commitment to continuous self-improvement through ongoing coaching, training and development
It would be highly regarded if you have;
- Knowledge of Aged Care Act 1997 and Accreditation Standards
- Experience working in Aged Care, or residential facility or similar
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and eligible to work in Aged Care under the Aged Care Act 1997 (Cth).
To apply for this rare opportunity please submit your current resume together with an appropriate letter of application.
For a full position description and/or confidential discussion please contact Mark, Residential Services Manager on (03) 9364 5235.