Are you someone who is passionate about providing quality food?
We are offering a great opportunity for an experienced and qualified Chef/Cook to join and lead our kitchen team at our Doutta Galla Grantham Green Aged Care home, located in St Albans, on a Monday to Friday permanent basis working 07:00 - 15:00
About the role:
As the Head Chef/Cook, you will contribute to a friendly environment centred around communication and team work with catering staff to support you and a group of residents to love your food.
You will be committed to providing high quality, nutritious and appropriate meal services to all residents, with responsibility for maintaining excellence in food service standards, compliance with all relevant regulations and accreditation standards and ensuring a high level of satisfaction to our delightful residents.
This role will report directly to our experienced Facility Manager.
In addition to a competitive salary this position will also attract not-for-profit tax advantages/salary packaging benefits.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Appropriate Chef Qualifications or Trade Cook certificate or equivalent
- Current Food Handling/Food Safety Certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Food Safety regulations, guidelines, standards and relevant legislation
- Relevant experience in menu and food preparation, ideally minimum 2 years
- Experience in a supervisory role or similar managing staff
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently within specific guidelines
- Commitment to the provision of high quality, nutritious and appetizing food and beverages
- Demonstrates a strong sense of pride and accomplishment in service delivery
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to motivate and engage staff
Why work for us?
Working with Doutta Galla is not just about having a job to go to. Working with us is about having a job that is meaningful and rewarding â one that gives back to our communities â one that lets you know that the work you do is truly important and valued. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work in a role you can be proud of.
By joining Doutta Galla you will have the benefits of both professional development and attractive, not-for-profit salary packaging. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work in a role you can be proud of and to contribute to an evolving site, making it your own.
If you wish to apply for this wonderful opportunity, please submit a covering letter letting us know how you meet our key requirements, and current resume.
Doutta Galla prides itself on cultural diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer; all applicants will be considered for employment. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and eligible to work in Aged Care under the Aged Care Act 1997 (Cth).
Please note that if you are selected for employment with Doutta Galla Aged Services, you must be able to provide evidence of a COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement.